What is an Affirmation?
Affirmations, really, are simple. They are you being in conscious control of your thoughts. They are short, powerful statements. When you say them or think them or even hear them, they become the thoughts that create your reality. Affirmations, then, are your conscious thoughts.
Research has shown that we have between 45,000 and 51,000 thoughts a day. That’s about 150 to 300 thoughts a minute. Research has also shown that for most people 80% of those thoughts are negative.
(via Boulder Coaching Academy)
What does this mean to you?
Confidence does more for your workout than workout wear, Nike frees, or r or even Curvy Fit Thick workout plans. Fitness affirmations will help you get your mind right and ready to take on your fitness goals knowing you will achieve them. Using positive affirmations before you exercise can keep you motivated and ensure that your mind is ready for what your body is about to do. Exercise and fitness have mental and spiritual elements that cannot go ignored if your workout plan is going to be successful.
Here’s a short list of affirmations to get you started. Take these affirmations as they are, or tweak them to your own liking. Either way start using them ASAP to help solidify your success!
- Being fit and vital is one of the top priorities in my life.
- I make intentional actions towards my perfect body.
- I consistently maximize my physical potential.
- I easily find the time to exercise.
- Every time I exercise I build more muscle and burn more fat.
- I am curvy fit and thick.
- I am proud of my figure.
- I am well toned and perfectly proportioned
- I am dedicated and motivated to work out every day (or # days a week)
- I enjoy making healthy, body conscious choice
- I feel good about the way I look.
- I give 100% effort to my workouts.
Napoleon Hill, a very successful self-help author in the late 1930s, said “Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” If we say these affirmations to ourselves enough times, we will believe that we can truly accomplish these things, and see the good in ourselves both physically and emotionally. James Clear explained “it broadens your sense of possibilities and opens your mind, which in turn allows you to build new skills and resources that can provide value in other areas of your life.” So give it a go, sincerely use your fitness affirmations, and reach your goals.